Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica labels and a Case idea

nonidesign@xxxxxxx wrote:
Before I bought an "Road Ready" brand heavy duty road case (the Menards tool box didn't last long for me) I did the same thing you did. I found a $20.00 sheet music stand at Guitar Center and put a few velcro strips on the panel (where you would normally place the sheet music) so that they lined-up with strips on the bottom of the Menards case. It worked really well. Note: the music stand was made from about 1" diameter black aluminum tube. It was NOT the spindly cheap little 1/4" chrome tube one.

If you find that the case doesn't hold-up for you try a Road Ready mixing board case and use mixing board portable stand from Guitar Center. The case has a foam liner in it. It cost me about $200.00 but considering that I'm finished messing around with cases that die young it was worth it for me.

-------------- Original message from Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

There are alternatives. A used cosmetic case--small piece of luggage--makes a great harp case. You can add foam, or shadow boxes, or short lengths of plastic pipe to hold the harps and still have room for mics and cables. If you look around you can get them in tweed. A wooden TV tray is sturdy and holds a lot of stuff. Total outlay is $25 or under. I've moved up from the Shirt Tails lunch box that my daughter used in preschool because I have too many harps now.

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell