[Harp-L] a harp experience

Thought I would toss in a personal anecdote here, since it was one of my top
musical experiences to date...
   There is a former NHL player who has an annual celebrity bash and golf
tournament here in Minnesota to raise money for a children's foundation that he
started a few years ago. He's a friend of mine, as well. Each year he has a
band from Minneapolis, called gb leighton, that donates the night to the cause
and plays at the big Sunday night party. This party is full of NHL players, from
Peter Forsberg on down...It also includes other musicians who sometimes get
up and play a song with the band. So, my friend said I needed to play a song on
harp, which I was happy to do.
Did I mention that among the celebs every year is country star Brad Paisley
and his wife, actress Kimberly Williams.
Long story short, I'm onstage jamming away and up jumps Paisley, grabs a
guitar and it turns into 10 minutes of too much fun. He's a great blues guitar
player, I discovered, and the lead player from gb leighton was also hot. Me? I
just hung on the best I could, but things were working ok.
It was one of those times that I won't forget.
The next day, one of the organizers told me they have digital video... I'm
almost scared to see and hear that, but they promised me a copy. I bet I sound
much less amazing than it felt like that night.
Just one more reason to love harp..

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb