RE: [Harp-L] Electric Harps, Fred Yonnet

You should ask to Fred Yonnet about that (www.fredyonnnet.com)
Fred is a monster of the diatonic harmonica and use Electric harmonicas.
He is using Weltmeister Thunderbird and Blackbird in which Richard Smith (the English one) has put a microphone into it.

That's damn good!! I also have tried them and that's really great.

Meanwhile, some people told me "Yes! That's great but I can't afford to put a mic on every of my harmonicas".
Fair Enough! but you do only need to put one or perhaps two (in case you lose the first one) harmonicas with that mic into it. Fred only has two harmonicas with the gear and still can play all his harmonicas. He just has to put two harmonicas in his hand, making them looking like a double faced diatonic (just like echo tremolos and Ocatve harmonicas).
That's also produce a great effect on the audience has your do not look like Hidding behind your mic. Let romantic, of course than a bullet mic, people will finnally see your face (Thats why I may stick to Green Bullet lol) and that's a good point to ease communication and feeling.

Moreover, a cordless system is availble making you free to run around the crew while playingn orange blossom special!!

Other interesting point: you have a wide range of hand effects available!! You can have a crunchy sound and suddenly have a clear accoustic sound.
And you're stil free to move around the room and around the stage!

Really really interesting stuff and handy.

Froggy

Jonathan Metts <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
"All were recorded with 10 hole diatonics with the built in haRmonic
Solutions mic system.

Enjoy..!!

Regards
Richard Smith (the English one).
www.harmonix-harmonica.co.uk"

Not to talk about this guy's stuff right in front of him, but does anyone
have experience with electric harmonicas? What are the pros and cons, and
what could I expect to pay? (Didn't see any prices at all on the Harmonix
site.)

Jonathan Metts

Nicolas Fouquet
Frog's Workshop