[Harp-L] Re: John Popper

"it's just Jason Ricci--
something to do with JP never talking about him. (JR intimidates most mortal
harpers)"

That's strange, because I have met Popper and we talked about Howard Levy
for a bit; he's an admirer of Levy for sure, called him a "mad scientist"
and mentioned his counterpoint technique.  I'm sure John would enjoy Jason's
music.  If I meet Popper again, I'll put in a good word for Jason.  :-)

Also, I doubt Popper is intimidated by anyone.  He's not one of the "new
generation" overblow guys, but he's a hell of a harp player who can
definitely play with impact for an entire show.  Much like Jason, he does
things that leave me wondering "how the hell...?"

Jonathan Metts