Re: [Harp-L] Re:[was] a harp[now] Memphis Charlie

I don't have the record handy but I believe Blue Steel and Blue Stew are two different tunes. I have it on tape that is a double record of "Takin' My Time" and "Memphis Charlie". Blue Steel is Charlie playing slide in a reworking of "Blue Guitar". Blue Stew is the jazzy tune with the sax. Probably my favorite Musselshite record(s)
My favorite tune from that record? "Two Little Girls" a nice solo piano jazz ballad.
Ryan

From: r_mcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxx
The name of the record was "Taking My Time", and it was on Arhoolie. They have selections from that record, including one they are calling "Blue Steel" but I suspect that's the tune we're talking about, "Blue Stew." The name of the CD is "Memphis Charlie"...it's got some other cool stuff on it, including "On the Spot Boogie" which, as i recall, see's Charlie beginning his solo with the Charlie Parker lick from "Now's the Time." Go to:
www.arhoolie.com/titles/303.shtml

WVa Bob