[Harp-L] Haiku & Harp !

My friend and excellent Keyboardist, Pete Levin just informed me of this so since it's snowing here is New Jersey, I thought I share this with the list.

>Here's  a curiosity I stumbled on.  I'm always thinkin'.

>Haiku.

>As we all know, a 3 line poem.  5 syllables in the first >and third
>lines, 7 in the second.

>(Some old Zen poetry guy worked this out.  Hey, it >grooves!)

>My nomination for the most famous Haiku of all >time was written by Karl
>Suessdorf.

>"Who the hell is that?" you say - but I'm betting you >know his greatest
>hit Haiku well:

>"Moonlight In Vermont"

>Try it .... 5/7/5

>(Don't go to the bridge; That's some other kind of >poem thing.)

>Now, next time someone emails you a bunch of >dumb Haikus ... don't read
>'em:  Sing 'em, to the tune of "Moonlight In >Vermont."

Harmonica Content!

I thought I'd map it out for Chromatic in it's original key to give the post some 'harp content'...stay warm!!,-0
best, rob (>=button in)

MoonLight in Vermont (Key Eb)

Pennies in a Stream
Falling Leaves a Sycamore
Moonlight in Vermont

9b  7d>  7b  6d  7b
9b  7d>  7b  5d> 6d 7b  4d
7b  6d  5d> 5b  5d>

or

C  Bb  G  F G
C  Bb  G  Eb  F G B
G  F  Eb  C  Eb.............

It doesn't work for the bridge, that must be some other poetic form,-)))