Re: [Harp-L] Moonlight in Vermont

On Mar 2, 2005, at 9:51 AM, Leon & Gail Albin wrote:

Greetings to all,
I will be taking a trip to Vermont in May. We will be going with the
daughter's family and will be staying in a timeshare. I would love to be
able to sit in the woods nearby and play MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT; sadly I don't
have that music and I definitely don't have that wonderful gift of playing
by ear.

So, I take it you are a reader.

  I prefer playing my Super 64 Chromatic, but I also play the
diatonic.  Would anyone have the music to that beautiful song that they
could send to me or direct me where to find it.

I have written it in F (one flat) for clarinet. Or do you prefer the original Eb (3 flats)? It sits nicely in either key, but for Eb, I would have to re-write it, as I have written ALL my music sharped UP 2 sharps (to counteract the clarinet's 2 flats). That's also why I always use a Bb chromo to learn anything from written music.

P.S. I have an engagement tonight, don't have our digital camera handy (it's out with the wife at a quilt show) and it may take me a day or two to get the music TO you. Sooo, pick a key.

the ghost of smokey joe