Re: [Harp-L] New Productfrom Hohner in April (and re: Working Man's Harps; Importing)

At $68 it's not much less than Tim Moyer's great Working Man Harps, one of which I bought recently (a Marine Band, with sealed comb, etc.)

By the way, I am very impressed with this harp, Tim! It's my first "spiffed-out" harp, having played outta the box SP20s for a few decades, and it has made me aware of how limited out-of-the box harps can be.

Of course, I'll still play plain SP20's, given the price diff, but the new Hohners would have to be awfully good out of the box to compete with your (Tim Moyers') wonderfully tight, clear and clean harps! And even if the Hohner's are very good, I've never known their quality control to be consistent enough.

Now, if the new ones are as low as $40, I might give'em a try, let's see what The Harp House and similar mail merchants do with'em price-wise.

Important Questions:

1. Is it true that Hohners tend to be less costly in the US, vs. Europe?
2. If so, Froggy, are you going to carry a few dozen back with you after SPAH?
3. Should I bring extras with me to Europe next month?
4. Will the dollar continue to plummet against the Euro?
5. What is tomorrow's winning lotto number?

-Dave Fertig