[Harp-L] Hering Harp comments

In a message dated 3/2/2005 6:10:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  hope your hering harps have the right reeds...for a while they used  reeds
that detuned after a few minutes.

Interesting.  Two more comments that i forgot in my post yesterday -I
noticed that the 3 Herings Black Blues harps that ive gapped so far, the  reeds are
of very thin stock, compared to my usual SP 20's.  If i mbr  correctly, my
Hering Blues reeds are also of very thin material.
  Secondly, altho i don't keep my working harps in their cases, the  Hering
cases are sturdy and are easy to open, not like some of those  Hohner boxes,
Golden Melody, for instance.
  Thanks to Froggy for explaining that he Hering Blues is  Tempered Tuned,
the Black Blues Just Tuned and the Golden Blues is tuned on  A=445Hz(Brillant
tuning).  Altho my 4 harps are of diff. keys, I'm gonna go  play my two types to
see what that sounds like.  What about the wood combed  Hering model 1923?
  Anyone know which model Madcat uses?