Re: [Harp-L] New Products coming from Hohner in April

> From: ben bouman <fitgo@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 00:42:37 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] New Products coming from Hohner in April
> To: Bob Maglinte <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Koch <rok68@xxxxxx>,
> harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> I played a protoype..several months ago...
> Very fine harp.... but nowhere as good as my Tony Ramos
> harps......www.ramos-harps.de
> and nowhere as good as my working man harps...(from Tim Moyer).
>
> If I had to rate them from 1 to 10..
> Marine Band de luxe: 7
> Tony ramos:10
>
> Ben Bouman
> www.marbletones.com
> www.harmonicainstituut.nl

Hi, Ben, hi all. I got the impression that the MBDLX is not to be
compared with custom harmonicas. As Bresslau pointed out in the
following e-mail:
http://harp-l.org/mailman/htdig/harp-l/2005-January/msg00886.html

"This is a premium harmonica which will set the standards of series
manufactured harmonicas quite higher. But it is not intended to be a
custom instrument. Customization has to do with personal settings and
a level of detailed work which cannot be achieved in a series assembly
line at reasonable cost."

And about price:

"About cost and availability date in the USA, this has not been
decided yet. If you need hard info on that, please contact Hohner USA,
they will for sure be able to help you."

All the best,
D.