Re: [Harp-L] Hering harps comments

In a message dated 03-Mar-05 07:51:41 AM Central Standard Time,
garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > I've used three Vintage 1923 and had varied results.  The G is the best
> > sounding G I've ever had.  The C and D are average.  The bolts that hold
> > the cover plates on have a tendency to loosen spontaneously.
>
> i've got a couple.  mixed feelings.  i love the way they feel, got a
> real heft to them.  and the playability is great.  but they sometimes
> sound a little shrill to me.  the biggest problem, though, is that they
> have a nasty tendency to grab onto my moustache and not let go.
> painful to play.

Nice look, nice feel, thick reed plate, reeds are pretty flimsy and detune
quickly, also I have had the same feeling that they sound shrill. In my
opinion
they look like they should sound alot better and play alot better than they
do out of the box. For my money not worth the purchase.
HB