[Harp-L] Re: Help a learner

> Subject: [Harp-L] Help a learner
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi All, I'm a piper just starting to learn harp. I had
thought I could just start playing my pipe tunes on harp.

You might find Melody Assistant to be what you need to produce harp tab.
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/melody.htm the trial is free but
the full program is fairly cheap anyway. If you have your tunes in abc
format the program does it by itself, eg the pipe tunes on http://www.goodbagpipes.co.uk/pipetunes/daydawes.htm
Melody Assistant will give tab for various tunings for all keys, diatonic
and chromatic but you can also customise the tabbing for special tunings e.g Paddy richter which avoids the double bend on the 3 draw that is on many of the pipe tunes.
If your tunes are text format then it's easy to convert it to abc using ABC2WIN for example.
Otherwise you would have to key in the tune as a music score and then convert to harmonica tab, takes a bit longer.
Usual disclaimer re the program.
John