Re: [Harp-L] using amp simulator

Fernando Bresslau <bresslau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Starting with the RP200 is not a bad idea, but for 30 to 50 $ plus you
> get the RPx400, which is much more versatile (more inputs, outputs + usb).

well, it's more like $100.  at sweetwater, the rp200 is $149, the rp300 $199,
the rpx400 $249.  their prices seem comparable with everyone else.

> I like the idea of a floor unit which can be operated with the feet
> better than the classical POD where you have to change settings with
> your hands, unless you have the additional floorboard.

when i started using my rp300, i expected i'd have it up on a barstool
where i could operate it by hand.  nope.  with limited space (at a blues jam),
i sit my open harp case on top of a barstool, with the rp underneath.  it's
out of the way, but still i can stil work the foot switches.

it's a nice setup.  i'm still learning to use it, but it's a lot more portable
than lugging an amp around.  i'm back to carrying my gear with one hand,
leaving the other free to accept drinks.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.