[Harp-L] The other Butter mic (was: about Haltec mics)

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gorky
<gorky@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi
> i was told a few days ago Paul Butterfield used a
Haltec microphone
> during the sessions of "Original lost elektra
recordings".

Hi Gorky,

   i don't have the liner notes handy, but i remember
reading the same thing. something about how he was
never without his mic (in fact, i think the band had a
bunch of gear stolen in NYC - but not Butter', cause
he kept his gear close ;). however, i think the mic
manufacturer's name is "Altec" not "Haltec." Altec
still makes mics, i think. i have no idea what kind of
Altec mic he would have been using.

    --Jp