Re: [Harp-L] Re: minor keys

You kicked my a... Jim, as I have not even think about that, though Eb is among my favourite key! I can't believe it!!

By the, where can I get the iar from *Mary Did You know"? as I do not know that song.

Froggy

Jim Hanks <jhanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>if the band says this groove is in c min. what harp would you play?????

I can't believe noone else has suggested the other "obvious" choice - Eb
played in first position. I say "obvious" since music written in C-minor
would generally be notated with 3 flats, i.e., Eb. This would be
equivalent to playing a song in A-minor (no sharps or flats) on a C
major diatonic.

I agree with others that it depends on the song, but this worked for me
last Christmas on "Mary Did You Know." You need to be able to bend 3draw
down a whole step but other than that, works out great.

Jim Hanks

Nicolas Fouquet
Frog's Workshop
'Makes ya feel great!

Harmonicas
15 bis Rue tour du Château
34480 Puimisson France

tél.: (0) 4 67 36 06 14
fax: (0) 4 67 36 06 16
http://claudefouquet.free.fr/froggy/

 Découvrez nos promotions exclusives "destination de la Tunisie, du Maroc, des Baléares et la Rép. Dominicaine sur Yahoo! Voyages.