Re: [Harp-L] Just Intonation and Difference Tones

Sorry if i'm being repetitive, but..........
What is the difference in the sound that is produced between 7 limit JI and 19 limit JI? What was the Hohner tuning scheme used in harps in the days of LW, SB II, and WH ?

Most if not all of this is answered here,

http://www.patmissin.com/tunings/tunings.html

The discussion of just intonation and temperments being especially pertinent. Pat's calling the tuning I called 7 limit 5 limit and I'll defer to his much more comprehensive knowledge in this area. There are also sound files with examples of JI vs Equal. Hohner used JI on the older harmonicas. I think it was a 5 limit, certainly not the 19. The biggest difference being the really flat 5 draw and 9 draw. Dealing with these two notes helped me to understand why a lot of older music was played the way it was. Your mileage may vary. fjm