[Harp-L] Re: Just Intonation and Difference Tones

--- Pierre <plavio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you question about then, I guess it has to do with Mics.

Someone else already pretty much answered my question.  He said that amplified difference tones do
fatten up the sound of tongue blocked octaves, but you'll get that same fattened tone from an
equal temp harp.  He said that the difference tones from other split intervals aren't as pleasing
as the octave.

So I guess my only remaining question is, do any harp-l'ers conciously utilize difference tones?
Or are they just an interesting but relatively unimportant phenomenon when it comes to playing
amplified blues?