[Harp-L] overblow intonation

Hey list,
   As Richard Hunter often points out, ANY bent note is difficult to get
precisely intonated, and there are also timbre problems from note to note. This
seems to be a bigger deal to some people & in some kinds of music than others.
Howard can pull off his concerto perfectly to my ears, but maybe not to Richard
Hunter's or Robert Bonfiglio's.  Chris Michalek points out that vibrato can
help fudge pitch - I find this to very useful in playing all bent or unbent
notes including 'overblows' (& overdraws)-- & I like the sound of a good vibrato
anyway.
  Having written that, I still think it is possible on a well set up harp to
get the overblows, overdraws & bends  in tune, at least to my ears. Chris can
usually do it, George Brooks is very good at it, as are Allan Holmes, Carlos
Del Junco, Jason Ricci, & others I'm forgetting.
   It's probably very relative:  ' in tune' and 'perfectly in tune' are two
different things........

later, Rosco
maybe august