Re: [Harp-L] discovered amazing cd

Hey Garry,

Hands down my favourite SBW2.

You don't read my blog assiduously enough though, because here's what I had to say about it :

"When it comes to picking a seminal blues harmonica album, of course, there's rather a lot to choose from. My choice would be "Keep it to Ourselves", which was recorded in Denmark in 1963, two years before Sonny Boy passed away. It is remarkably low key, with a very light instrumentation (guitar played by Matt Murphy and/or piano by Memphis Slim), it's obviously relaxed, and simply gorgeous. To me, this album was a lesson in the power of simplicity. Sonny Boy's playing is straightforward and yet unequalled in terms of power, feeling and tone. If you're one of these people who think that Kim Wilson does Sonny Boy well, go listen to this record. No one does Sonny Boy like Sonny Boy does. "

No slight intended towards Kim, of course.

Ben FELTEN
http://harmonica.typepad.com