[Harp-L] Re: Audix FireBall Mic

Re: the new Audix FireBall:

Madcat reported on Harp-L his initial impression of it, which was not derogatory in anyway, even though he supports his own mic from Shaker.

Here are the specs, and even though it does look rather large in the photo, it is not nearly that large in your hand.
Only 3 inches in overall length, your hand will cover most of the mic, with only the XLR extending out of your hand. That's a bit shorter than the Shure 57, for sure. And I think at 4.5oz, a bit lighter that the Shure 57. (My Shure Beta 58A clocks in at 7.1 oz.) It is a very clean mic, leaving all effects to the user and his imagination. (It is definitely not a Green Bullet, by intentional design!) And my Audix D4 also weighs only 4.5oz - and is a dynamite mic for my bass harmonica.

Transducer Principle - Dymamic, Moving Coil
Frequency Response - 50 Hz - 16 kHz
Polar Pattern - Cardioid
Output Impedance - 150 Ohms balanced
Sensitivity - 1.9 mV (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
Capsule Technology - VLM Type B
Off Axis Rejection - >23 dB
Maximum SPL - >140 dB
Cable/Connector - 3 pin gold plated male XLR connector
Polarity - Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
Housing/Finish - Aluminum/Anodized
Weight - 4.5 oz/127.5 grams
Length - 3 inches/76 mm

-- BassHarp PO Box 5061 Hudson, FL 34674-5061 http://www.bassharp.com/ace.htm http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm