[Harp-L] RE: Augusta Heritage Blues Week

From: icemanle@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Augusta Heritage Blues Week 2005
<<This week is, by far, the most bang for the buck and the most interactive
of all the harmonica experiences out there, including conventions, jam camps
and masterclass workshops. >>

>Because I use short sentences and favor succinct ideas in my postings, they
have, over the years, been occasionally received in not quite the spirit
that I >intended, the fault being my own, as my personal skills at
communication need improvement.

>Therefore, in order to right a wrong and soothe hurt feelings, allow me to
expound....

Larry, I don't think too much explanation was necessary. For those of us
who've had the opportunity to participate in the various harmonica
experiences available, I think there'd be little argument that Augusta is an
exceptional venue. I know I came away from it with the term "immersive"
stuck in my vocabulary. Literally, it is a dawn to dusk total saturation
experience or for those with extraordinary stamina...around the clock. The
all night jam sessions on the porch or at the ice house or the lobby of one
of the dormitories are fond reminisces for me. To be fair, I've had teachers
and instructors the equal of those at Augusta at other harmonica
experiences, but I never quite felt the same intensity of total
music-to-the-exclusion-of-everything-else that I felt at Augusta. I think I
learned more position playing, overblow technique, improvisation at Augusta.
It really does take one's music to a different level IMHO.

Bill Otten