Re: [Harp-L] Bass Harmonica

Tim Moyer schrieb:

> Am I correct in my understanding that in this note labeling system,
> the B note is actually a Bb, and that 'H' is used to refer to the B
> natural?

Yes, you're absolutely correct.

The "H" is the german name for B natural and the "B" is the german name
for B flat. If you find both on the covers of your Bass Harmonica for
two different reeds and if there is no "Bb", than you can be sure that
the german note labeling system is used.

While Hohner isn't using the german system for labeling the diatonics,
you should be careful if you have other harmonicas like a tremolo or a
Vineta: in this case "B" is actually B flat.

Otto