Re: [Harp-L] The other Butter mic (was: about Haltec mics)

Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:36:47 +0100
From: gorky <gorky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] The other Butter mic (was: about Haltec mics)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

>Hi and thank you Mr G
>I 've seen your web page about SHURE 545.It s very interesting
>and now it 's clear .
>I don' t care about the "pistol grip".And i think i would prefer the US
>made R45.
>If i can only have the mexican one, I' m ok. But i absolutely need
>the switcher on/off!!!
>I'm ok to deal with Tom Ellis and Larry Price but who are they ?!
>And would they be Ok to send the Microphone in france(I 'm french).
>If you have some more informations about Them....
>Thanks a lot
>Gorky

Hi Gorky,
  Both Tom Ellis and Larry Price are reputable harmonica microphone
technicians, both reside in USA.  I list them along with their contact
details near the bottom of the Microphones page of the Amplified Harmonica
section:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/haromonica/ampdmics.html#mictechs

Along with some others such as Fritz, Tim Norris, Dennis Oellig, and Dave
Kott...  I'm not sure if Dennis Gruenling is still offering his services?

Tom and Larry are the only tech's I've talked to about Shure vocal mics, so
I'm in the dark about who else offers similar services for 545 & PE54 series.

Some of the details in my last email were inaccurate.  Apparently
Butterfield used the original PE54 which also has the US made R45, before
making the switch to the smaller & lighter 545 - I've updated the webpage
to reflect this.
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/shure545.html

Cheers,
--G.