[Harp-L] Fender Hotrod vrs Fender Blues

Hi,

I've serviced and tube tuned several Fender Hot-Rod
amps and they never seem to sound as good as the
Fender Blues (Deluxe or DeVille)amps.

The Hot Rods have too much gain and don't even sound that
good with guitar.  The Fender Blues versions are closer to
the traditional Fender sound.  With a bit of tube tuning,
these amps provide decent tone and good value for the money.

Of course, if you have some money to invest, the best sounding
and best built harp amp is the Sonny four ten.  Of all the amps
I've serviced, tuned and played over the past ten years, no other
4x10, 50 Watt amp comes close to my Sonny 4x10.

Regards... Steven Rousseau
Ampli-Tubes, Montreal