[Harp-L] Elements of good teaching

Though I am mostly retired now and do different work. I have taught three world harmonica champions from scratch and lots of other folk how to enjoy playing their harp, in my time, I'm not bragging just putting some in the picture.
.
I found that my best teaching had these elements in, not necessarily in this order:

Having enthusiasm for the instrument, the student and the music

Understanding how a student thinks, perceives and learns, a most fun bit for me, as every student thinks and learns differently.

The ability to encourage a student, so that they know that they will be able to do it , even if they can't right now.

Being able to be an honest eye / ear for the student, so that you can help them correct their problem area, with making them feel useless.

When I have done my best work my student is better than me.

I have never charged for my teaching, only the time it takes.

David Priestley, a Data Processing Disorder survivor, So please excuse my odd spelling