Re: [Harp-L] (no subject) - Tony Glover

Hi all:

Tony Glover's book was _so_ cool. I easily forgive him any error of fact or
differing opinion his book contains because I still think his book was
landmark effort. At the time, my roots were pretty much totally British--
I played pop as far as I knew. I really had no clue about classic folks like LW
or the SBWs, for example (yeah, I know...I shoulda piad attention to the writing
credits, but I didn't). The folks I was listening to and working to copy had
decent chops, and I was already working as a player and even doing studio stuff
in my area, but I was also naive as heck. Just plain ignorant, really.

His book provided lots of help, and lots of resources--pointed me to a
goldmine, and broke me out of a lot of playing ruts. He saved me a
_lot_ of time. And it was "written by a hip guy, for hippies" <big grin>
when there was pretty much nothing like it out there that I knew of.

When I think of what it took to write it, and to organize and accomplish
the project of actually getting it published and distributed so
widely...well, he took an idea and made it real in a pretty big way...a
major, major accomplishment, especially for its time.

freakin' good job, Tony :-)

Ron