Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci

"Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry to sound like a broken record but Jason is totally f#$%%^g
> awesome!

i agree, except that it's an understatement.

> I don't know how else to put it.  His sound is so think and
> nasty.  And the band is tight and ultra dynamic.  I think they are
> the best blues band on the scene today.
>
> Speaking of Sitting in - this is one of this occasions where if I am
> asked I would say no unless I dare make a fool of myself.  Jason
> asked and I politely refused because I was still nauseated by what I
> heard for the hour and a half before.

yikes!  if you can't sit in, i guess there's no hope left for any of the rest of us.

> Jason's playing literally made
> me sick and the only other musician to ever make me feel that way was
> Michael Brecker.

my playing might make you sick, but for different reasons.

> The show was not taped to my knowledge. :-(

that's a real shame.

> Jason Ricci is a must see harmonica player regardless of style you
> gravitate towards.

absolutely.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.