[Harp-L] back home for a minute

Hey Everybody!

                       You Guys are out of control here! When everyone talks
about me it makes me so nervous to try and live up to it all at the shows.
but please don't stop! LOL !Thanks so much to everyone for coming out to the
shows and showing your support.Please feel free to call me before a show
maybe we can meet up and talk harp before or after, my number is posted on
the sight www.jasonricci.com <http://www.jasonricci.com/>  under booking.
Call lets hang out ask anyone I do it all the time it's more for me then for
you.

   First: Big Thanks too all the tapers and to Gary for getting all those
shows online at http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=23256 I
really appreciate listening back to these nights some times, other times I'm
like if anyone from the list hears this there going to hate me. But it's
really fun either way.

  Second I have to say I had the Best time at Jon Gindicks harp camp. Denis
Gruenling is the best Blues harmonica Player alive today innovating within
tradition like no one since William Clarke! I love Him so much. I have a
bootleg you all have to hear so bad from his performance at the
Peloquin/Ricci blow Off during Spah everyone is gonna flip! I'm going to try
and get Gary to get it up on archive.org after I get Dennis's permission. I
was so inspired by Jon's Camp! I felt like a student! I want to say the main
difference between Jon's thing and other similar educational harmonica
getaways from what I hear about them from those who have attended both is
that Jon and everyone makes Jam camp lots of fun as well you don't feel like
you have to give up your job, Wife, and family when you get home to be good
on harmonica. Everyone Jams, It rocks, I'll be at the L.A. Jam camp with
M.P. (MR. Peloquin if your Nasty) Hope to see some of you there.

  Third: Chris Michalek, Arizona! I so wish this had been recorded! I have
never heard anyone, anyone! besides Howard Levy improvise over bebop, hard
bop, fusion, world and complex chord changes the way Chris does. There are a
handful of guys and a few gals that can make it through the head with some
position or another and/or overblows but when they come to the changes they
either wright out/memorize all the licks or just flub it up or play so
outside you can't tell if their good or not and they can't either. Chris
plays the most advanced music possible on diatonic and it's not a parlor
trick.he's not like "Hey, here's Trane's Giant Steps on a ten Hole" ," See
it can be done". Michalek is really playing this music with all the spirit,
finesse and passion that  the original artists did and intended for it. My
band and I were glued to the stage and we were all very scared to play after
all that. I was just telling myself over and over O.K he's REALLY good and
um.I can't play any of that and I wish I could but I got this cool sleevless
shirt and ahh I'm just gonna rock this place. Chris's CD was passed around
from head phones to head phones one by one amoungst the band till it made
it's way back to it's case. Everyone should buy this disc from this some
times misunderstood artist. I love you Chris the Buddah and thanks for the
Harp it's amazing!

 Fourth:  I got two new Cd's out and all that jazz shirts etc at the shows
and on the site.Check it out and thank you everyone I love this List and owe
so much to it in so many ways! I don't know yhow lonely I would feel without
Harp l. hope to some of you in Birmingham this weekend my Boy Friend Brady
Mills is opening for New Blood he's a piano player singer/songwriter check
out his stuff on www.bradymills.com <http://www.bradymills.com/>  I hope to
collaborate with him soon in the studio. I should warn you all the
Birmingham gig this weekend is host to the Gay Mens Soft Ball Convention.
All the rest of the Gigs except the Lipstick Lounge in Nashville are in
straight harp (1st position if your Nasty).

Sincerely

 Jason Ricci

www.jasonricci.com <http://www.jasonricci.com/>