[Harp-L] Kenny Werner's Effortless Mastery - was Learning Scales

Hey Doc,

I finally got around to buying Kenny Werner's Effortless Mastery book as you suggested about 4 months ago, I'm about half way thru it and I can hardly put it down. Its giving me answers to question I have had for over a year. Besides the meditation aspect which I am sure will be helpful, I am getting confirmation that when practicing, quality (mastery) is key over quantity.

This book is great as in reading it, you get to learn some of the key lessons the top players have had to learn on their way to mastery.

In case some of you don't know Kenny Werner, Kenny is a fabulous Jazz Pianist. I've seen Kenny play live on several occasions and each time I see him, I can't believe how music just poors out of him. Reading his book I am geting an understanding of where it all comes from. By the way, the Toots and Kenny Werner CD is an excellent CD. If you like Bill Evans, you should like Kenny on this CD.

Don't expect miracles, for things to get effortless, you still need to practice, but the book provide insights in how to practice effectively. I will stop here, if your interested, buy the book. One last note, this book can help you enjoy your life, its not just about music.

Thank you so much doc for your suggestion,

Pierre.