Re:[Harp-L] volume control mic cable

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:48:32 -0500
From: TMF714@xxxxxxxxx (THOMAS FIACCO III)
Subject: [Harp-L] volume control mic cable

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:23:28 EST
From: ReidPlait@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] inline volume control for xlr mic and Thanks Harp-L
>Thanks tmf714 for the info, I haven't found the website yet, but I found a
>number and will give them a call.
>
>Thanks also to G for another thoughtful and informative post. I've read
most
>of your posts over the years, have admired your dedication  and  learned a
>lot from you.
>
>I've taken this harmonica thing to a full-time level, teaching classes,
>seminars, privates. I'm also working with a publisher in hopes of getting
some  >of my writing published.

>8 years ago, I found Harp-L, have been reading the posts every day. I  could
>never have gotten to this point without this list.
>Thanks,
>Brian          www.HarmonicaLessonsNYC.com

Hi Brian,
Very pleased to hear the teaching has worked out for you, fulltime no less.
 I'll be interested how your publication goes.  Harp-L has been of great
service to my endeavours as well.

The site Thomas kindly referred us to is  http://www.godlyke.com/
lists no inline XLR volume controls, but there are a couple of Guyatone
unbalanced cables with 1/4" plugs with a volume control built into one of
the plugs "Speed Cables"
http://www.godlyke.com/listView.asp?subbrand=6
or
http://www.guyatone.com/other/speedcable.html
not quite what we're after.  That said, it may be Godlyke simply don't list
their XLR stock on their site.

Cheers,
-- G.