[Harp-L] re: On reed problems

I will agree with Tim, and add this: properly done embossing has benefits other than tighter clearances, but I'm not spilling my guts about the specifics. I will tell you that early in my learning curve of building a good harp (properly embossed), I was rewarded by being able to do things I wasn't before on the same guinea pig harp, like nice, toneful toungeblock blow bends and overblowing. And I also learned that the harp customizer doesn't earn much more than minimum wage for his work if he's doing it right. The customer is the one who benefits the most by what amounts to a labor of love that the unenlightened consider overpriced.

KCMOJO