Re: [Harp-L] Shure Controlled Magnetic element

Crystals tend to be cleaner and less bassy than CM elements, so it depends on what type of sound you're after. They also withstand more abuse. But any element can be weak. In your case, the 99c86 is a low-impedance element, which would account for the difference in power. Combine this element with a $15 impedance-matching transformer and it will take the top of your head off.

Good luck,
Tim
www.HarpMicGaskets.com