RE: [Harp-L] volume controls

With all the talk about volume controls, I may have forgotten the original
question.  In any case, no one, afaik, has mentioned the one on David
Barrett's site:

http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/n-line_volume_control.htm

Looks pretty cool to me, but it's only for "vintage" mic's with those
old-style screw-on connectors.  Might even be worth changing connectors on
the mic side.  Ain't cheap, tho'.

While on the subject of volume controls, here's a picture that will make you
ache with envy:

http://www.pauloscher.com/

Go to the Photo Gallery and scroll down to the "gear" section (it's a green
bullet along with 8, count 'em, 8 Switchcraft volume controls).  Oscher
comments that his first Switchcraft volume control was given to him by
Little Walter hisself.  Lets see.  Toured with Muddy, chummed with LW and
the likes, and had/has 8 (eight!) Switchcraft volume controls.  One thing I
know, it wasn't his clean livin'.  ;-)

Good on ya, Paul!  Nice site, great new album, and quite a collection of
this year's WC Handy nominations, too.

Michelle