[Harp-L] Review of Carlos del Junco's "Big Boy"

I have posted the first review from the historical Planet Harmonica site on my weblog at http://harmonica.typepad.com. It's a review of Carlos del Junco's "Big Boy" that I originally wrote in 1999. I have made some alterations due to six years of opportunity for repeated listening, but on the whole my position has remained the same. Here's the first paragraph :

"For quite a while now those who had been lucky enough to hear Just Your Fool, Carlos del Junco's first solo album had been hoping for a new release. For my part, even though I liked the above mentioned live recording, I felt a little frustrated by the choice of repertoire, too conventional in perspective with Carlos' capabilities . I was waiting for something more open musically, and with Big Boy, I wasn't disappointed."

Ben FELTEN
http://harmonica.typepad.com