Re: [Harp-L] More On Reed Problems (now harp techs)

on 3/28/05 12:17 PM, Tim Moyer at wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There really aren't any secrets in this business, and I don't know
> anything about harmonicas that I wouldn't tell or show another
> person.  That said, there are a lot of things that you learn about
> building harmonicas from doing lots and lots of them that you can't
> really tell someone, it's a feel thing that's hard to quantify.

 Tim is correct. There are no secrets. We learn this craft through patience
and perseverance, and at times, from fellow technicians.  There is no big
payday either. Any one of us would be glad to make more then minimum wage
when a repair or custom harp is completed.  The benefits can only be added
up through small rewards throughout the years.

Any chance we can make 2005 the "Year of the Harp Tech." :-)

mike