Re: [Harp-L] Since Electro Voice and Audix are sorta popular on the list...

Michael Fugazzi wrote:
> Can anybody suggest some good Electro Voice mics for
> harp?  Actually any ball/stick mics of any brand.
<snip>
> I am up for any mic suggestions whether they break up
> or are relatively clean.

I have several Electro-Voice mics that I use for harp.  Only my RE-
10 is a wand mic, the rest are not intended to be hand helds.  I
have a 634, which is supposed to be mounted on a gooseneck.  Great
clean tone, works well at high sound pressures.  I have a 924, an
ancient "lavalier" mic, and although it's huge for that use it's
nice and small with a hot crystal element.  I have a venerable 630,
which sounds wonderful, but is a heavy beast.  I also have a 617,
which is like the 607.  That one is low-z and is also great at high
sound pressures, but I don't use it much because of the impedance
issues.  Of these, I like the 634 the best, because it has a great
clean sound and is very reliable.

Check out E-V mics here: http://www.dirtydansmics.com/electro-
voice_mics.htm

-tim