Re: [Harp-L] Does SPAH need harmonica competition - in brief

----- Original Message ----- From: "Buzz Krantz" <buzzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Cara Cooke" <cyberharp@xxxxxxxxx>; <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:06 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Does SPAH need harmonica competition - in brief

Music is not a contest. As soon as we make it a contest we lose the
brotherhood. I was just at the Buckeye fest & was a part of the most
incedable harmonica jam I have ever even heard of. We had peop[le playing
together in twos & threes & that was the best part of the jam. If we have
a harmonica contest that's the end of us helping each other. You want a
contest watch wrestling,a true sport.
my two cents worth
You have my "RIGHT ON" I love contests as long as I'm not one of the contestants. But, I love to interact and jam with the working class.
Doyle