Re: [Harp-L] personal monitors

Captron100@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Interesting.  Where is a good place to buy these earplugs?  I'd  like to have
> another look at them online.
>   For volume reasons, I've infrequently tried the cheapo sponge  earplugs
> with mixed results - they sometimes gave me problems hearing myself in  the mix.

the cheapo ones (i used to use them at concerts) tend to cut the high end
too much, making things sound muffled.  the ones they make for musicians
just make everything quieter, but still clear.  very nice.  i wear them (ER-20)
at concerts, jams, whatever.  very nice.

a side benefit is that you can adjust the attenuation a bit by moving
them in or out, thus giving you a sort of volume control.

check out earplugstore.com

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?