Re: [Harp-L] My two cents and more either (long)

Nicolas Fouquet wrote:
> Of course, we all wish that SPAH could be bigger, but then,
> think about flatable baloons: it is grows, grows and grows
> until... BANG!!

Rather than that analogy I think about what they always say in
business: if you're not growing, you're dying.

I think it could never be a bad thing to try to draw a larger
audience to the conventions and to SPAH in general.  More people
means more ideas, more money, greater ability to do new things (like
hold contests?), greater ability to recruit, more benefits for
members.

I'm not specifically advocating harmonica contests; I wouldn't
participate, and generally don't see the value in these things, but
neither do I think they're inherently harmful.  But I'm not opposed
to trying it to see if it has a beneficial effect on publicity or
recruiting.

-working man time