[Harp-L] Richard Hunter free music download(s) for May 2005

Hi all,

It's been a little while since I've released a piece to my subscription
list -- had a lot of work to do promoting the new acoustic blues CD,
"All You Good People," which you can hear and read about at:
http://hunterharp.com/goodmain.html

But it's here!  This month's piece is my first-ever to my subscription
list with a vocal on it.  "Hurt and Far" is a beautiful, sad song about
death and loneliness, among other things.  The piece features a
harmonica
choir, which makes about as pretty a sound as I can dream up.

Techie stuff for harp players: All the harmonica parts (there are three,
each a Hohner CX-12 chromatic in C played in the key of D major) were
recorded on my Audio Technica AT 4050CM5 large-diaphragm condensor mic,
running through an ART Tube MP preamp.  This is one of the lowest-end
tube preamps you can get, and I usually find its tone somewhat harsh for
acoustic harmonica; but whatever I did with it on the day I recorded
those tracks seems to have worked just fine.  The sound is reminiscent
of Robert Bonfiglio's gorgeous harmonica ensemble (playing a Vivialdi
piece for recorder quartet) on John William's "Baroque and on the
Street" record.

Members of the subscription list -- which is free -- can download both
the vocal and instrumental versions of "Hurt and Far" at:
http://hunterharp.com/HurtAndFarByRichardHunterMay2005.html

If you're not a member of the subscription list -- did I mention that
it's free? -- send me an email and let me know you'd like to join.  You
give me an email address, I give you music.  See
hunterharp.com/freemus.html for details.

Enjoy!

Richard Hunter
turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
hunterharp.com