[Harp-L] Re: Douglas Tate???

I too was sent this... just another of the many new threats nowadays that are
mass-mailing worms using their own SMTP engine to send damaging attachments
[usually .zip files], sometimes appearing to come from addresses spoofed from
the compromised computer.  The one in question here [that I received anyway]
originated from another IP than Doug's, 212.254.44.44, which is linked to
someone named Igor D'Ambrosio, apparently in Basel, Switzerland, whose email
is <igor.dambrosio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ... it was he who probably got hacked!!
Perhaps he had Doug's address in his addressbook, who knows?

BTW, I only received this via HarpTalk, not Harp-L, but Froggy sent his alert
to both lists.  I don't recall getting any virus threats through Harp-L since
it's been revamped.  Good job, Ben, or whoever is responsible for blocking
these things from Harp-L!  Still, everyone should at least remember.....

PROTECT your computer,
ANY email is suspect,
EDUCATE yourself,
ACT wisely.
Any and everyone is a target in cyberville.

And, regarding another post in this thread, permit me to comment on others'
privacy, while I'm at it...

Maybe Smokey Joe would want the world to know he was in hospital and all the
minute details of same, but if anyone knows Douglas AT ALL, they'd know it's
not ~his~ style one bit.  Blythely gossipping about others' private matters
to make conversation is self-indulgent and uncaring.  Even if a friend was
only getting new eyeglasses, it wouldn't be carte blanche to go public with
it on a 1,000 plus mailing list.

Apologies for venting, everyone... just tired, I guess.

Please compute carefully and caringly out there, my friends.
Bobbie
ILUS Harmonicas