Re: [Harp-L] natural minor

First :

>> 7th you play Gb harp i don't know
>> what mode that is.

Then :

>It's a theoretical mode (no name) since for modes 7 thru 11 the tonic is not
>on the harp without a bend.

I do and then I don't see things this way.

For me if I play in 1st position on a C harp, I'm playing in the key of C.

If I play in 7th position on the same harmonica I'm playing in the key of
F#/Gb

 If the song is in Major OR Minor, if I choose to play Ionien, Myxolydien
Dorien, Harmonic minor, Lydien Dominant, Whatever. These are just scale
choices according to my personal taste of the moment & the way I relate to;

1) Tonality - Major or Minor

2) The chord changes of this particular song - Modal, Diatonic, the
   chromatic and/or harmonic movement etc.

3) The respect of the style of music being played.

The position on the harmonica is named, according to the cycle of 4ths
and/or 5ths, by its tonal relation with the key of the instrument.

Therefore, in my way of thinking;
 the tonality = the position
whilst
the Mode = the most natural/playable scale on the harmonica according to the
chosen position.

Also >Modes are just a name< is truer than you think, but I'll save that for
another day.

Mox