[Harp-L] Yet another stellar Jason Ricci Show!

I recently (May 5) caught Jason Ricci's show at Cox Bros BBQ inManhattan KS.  The show good enough to send me into harmonica-nirvana(the state of mind not the grunge band).  This was the second timethat I have had the privilege to see Jason – both times were great –but he and his band really rocked this time.  Jason was joined onstage for a couple of songs by Dave "Elmo Bailey" (a local Bluessinger) which was a treat.  His show was a little shorter this timebecause the venue had a local band playing after Jason (but out on thepatio) which was a shame because they were no where near Jason and NewBlood's level of musical ability.  I recorded Jason's show with a MDrecorder and will work on getting it on archive.org soon so everyoneelse can enjoy it.
I also had the chance to sit down with Jason in his van for aninterview before the show.  I am going to be posting it to my website( www.bushmanrocks.com ) when I get it transcribed from MD to text. It was fun to talk to him…we talked about everything from hisinfluences to recording and trading shows and harp-l.
My website is dedicated to bushman harps and harp info in general.  Itis very much under construction and I will be posting a bunch of newstuff soon.
On a side note.  I always read what I call news of the awful (arrestreports) in the local news paper.  The day after Jason played here,this showed up in the arrest reports:
"Jason Lee Ricci, 23, 3132 Lundin Dr., Apt. 6, for criminal restraintand criminal damage to property. He was released on $1,000 bond."
http://www.themercury.com/view/article.asp?id=602-2005-05-06-51999-2
But luckily it was another Jason Ricci.  The Jason we all know andlove is 31 and does not live in the Lundin apartments in Manhattan,KS.  What a coincidence the morning after the real Jason Ricci playsin my hometown some townie named Jason Ricci gets nabbed by the cops.
--Chris Otto