[Harp-L] Ricci in Denver ~ and professional etiquette

As for Mojo Red's review of the recent JR gig in Denver: I second that
emotion!

The entire band really stepped forward, despite having left their last gig
at 3am and driven 9 hours straight, setting up, and immediately hitting the
stage again.

 Lincoln's Roadhouse is always a great mix of bikers and yuppies, and  to my
eye, everyone was jazzed about the music. I caught up with JimBob (the  owner)
outside, and he was grinning ear to ear. "I bring a lot of bands in here
from ALL over ~ I've never heard anything like these guys!" He's hoping to book
a 2-night stand next time through.

 As for having folks sit in...Jason and band were most gracious (as  always),
in inviting a local diva up for one song, (and, truth be  told, Jason
admitted he was doing it "because she's asked twice  now...").
  As it pertains to recent threads about this subject, respect  and gratitude
are the proper response to such a generous gesture. When given  such an
opportunity, no matter how good you think you are, you're a guest, and
well-advised to act accordingly. Some deference to your hosts is essential, and  trying
to take over the gig is simply way over the edge.
  That having been said, the band handled it with complete grace and  amazing
tolerance.
After a several minutes of ear-splitting screaming into the mic, (even
before she began singing), and inappropriate attempts to direct the band and  call
out solos etc., I was thankful it was over and glad she was done.  I  was
wrong!
 As the band kicked into the last song of the afternoon, (the one by a  band
might like to leave the crowd with a last sweet taste to take home), the
woman was clambering back onstage. Fortunately she didn't grab a mike, but it  was
distracting nonetheless.
 And like Mojo, I was a little mortified to see it all go down in my  own
neighborhood.

  To the band: NICE JOB! You did your best to keep your  good humor; and
succeeded, no doubt tempered by 300 nights a year of "anything  can happen". All
respect to you.

 For the record, road-weary and without sleep for over at least 24  hours,
this band, and Mr. Ricci in particular, showed (as always) what it  means to be
professionals...a beautiful show, a great afternoon of music, and  enough
inspiration to drive me deliriously back to the woodshed !

 Absolutely can't wait to hear the studio stuff!

 Jeff G
 Denver CO