Re: [Harp-L] Metal interactions

Ludo Beckers wrote:

What about the metal combs Harponline sells?
I don't know what they're made of, but they have a brassy color.

Hi, Ludo. As far as I know, all the metal combinations are safe. Some people have allergy problems with nickel, others with chrome. Hohner is trying to get rid of nickel for this reason, so that the harps are more user friendly. Not so simple though, nickel has some very special technical advantages.
Anyway, Michael sells anodised aluminium comb (with that protective layer of aluminum oxide) and brass combs, which are also ok.

All the best,
Fernando