Re: [Harp-L] Valved players unite! - Valves and Flecktones

Did not know the Flecktones had split up, too bad really, they are right up there as one of the best shows I've ever seen. Well they had a really long run (14 years). I had noticed Béla is coming to the Montreal Jazz Festival with Jean-Luc Ponty and Stanley Clarke. I seriously doubt any of the Flecktones will have such broad success individually, they were just so good together, anyways that's my theory and I respect that they want to do something different.

With respect to Winslow's post, you are certainly right about the deep bends on half valved harps. Been a year or so since my experiment. I urge anyone to try it, but get good valves first, don't try and make your own (initially).

Thanks for the info.

Pierre.

PS: The Montreal Jazz Festival is on again for the 26th year at the end of June and beginning of July. If you want info, just ask me offlist, thanks. BTW, its not just Jazz, lots of blues and other stuff (Cajun, Klezmer, ...)

This years lineup includes: Dr John, Toots and Kenny Werner, John Mayall, Pat Metheny, Sonny Rollins, Raynee Lee with Oliver Jones, etc.

These are the you-pay shows, free shows are anounced in June.

http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/fijm2005/programmation/artIndex_en.asp