Re: [Harp-L] Re: Live War (Correction)

--- Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The War song that changed my harpin' life was
> Lee's moving solo in "Gypsy Man" ... absolutely
> gorgeous minor playing. I just adored that sound
> and spent weeks trying to "get it." It was my
> first conscious brush with what I later learned
> was 3rd position playing. Awesome.

Hi,

I got to thinking about what I'd written last
night... and something about it bugged me, so I
went back and played my old copy of "Gypsy Man"
(still on vinyl) to make sure I'd remembered right.

And lo and behold... Lee played that song in cross
position on an Eb harp, not in 3rd position. Doh!

Still beautiful, still elegant and moving as
ever... just not played in 3rd position.

But Whatta solo!!
--Ken M.