Re: [Harp-L] MV1 - Harmonica Finger Mic by Microvox

> Hi folks,

> Anyone have experience with this mic?

> Thanks,

Chris

About two years ago I had to give up using a large hand-held mic because of advancing arthritis in my fingers. The changeover happened in a pub session one evening. I just happened to have my minidisc recording mic with me and I just plugged it into my amp and I've never looked back. You can do hand-effects and vary the tone fullness by opening and closing the hand-cup. The one I have is a Vivanco 216. It has a small battery pack (lasts forever) and an on-off switch, but unfortunately no volume control. Feedback is not a problem yet I sit right next to my amp (cheap). The mic is tiny and I just hold it between the third and fourth fingers of my left hand with the very thin cable poking out the other side. This is a long way from being pro gear but it serves me extremely well. I can get a clear, clean tone which is just what I need for my single-note Irish tune-playing. Before investing in the (expensive) Microvox gear you could just buy a real cheapie mic of this type to try it out and see how you get on with it. Haven't you got some place called Radio Shack on your side of the big water? It seems to get mentioned in this context here every so often.

Steve