[Harp-L] Carlos del Junco

I picked up Blues Mongrel yesterday.  This is my first
del Junco CD, and I really like it after a couple
listens.  His playing is technically amazing IMO.  I
was suprised to hear that he used a Harp Commander for
a couple of tracks.  I thought those tunes sounded
great in terms of amp tone and the HC did give him a
different sound.

The only downside would be that although marketed as a
blues CD, it is a little to un-blues (or maybe
contemporary) for me.  I like the CD, but not as a
blues album. It had a pre-war flavor on a number of
songs and was very jazz sounding interms of playing
and arrangements, but lacked certain elements for me.
Any thoughts?

At any rate, I do recommened this CD to those who
enjoy great harmonica music.  Great album to study.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
NiteRail

http://www.niterail.com