[Harp-L] Gear

A rhetorical question -
Why is all the good stuff for harp amplification
(at least the stuff that people brag about) - mics, amps, preamps,
effects, etc., made a minimum for 40 years ago,
 really (like astronomically) expensive, and generally totally unavailable,
 even if you could afford it, which you (and by "you" I mean "me") can't?
Isn't there any new amplification for harp which delivers 1) nice warm distortion,
2) low feedback, and 3) the volume to compete with guitar players, and is:
1) readily available
2) doesn't cost thousands of dollars???

Just asking,

Charles